Balough Law Offices, LLC's practice focuses on managing intellectual property, including the Internet, e-commerce, trademarks and copyrights, privacy and litigation. We also provide representation for clients in the area of public utility law, representing large customers and municipalities regarding electric, gas, water and telecommunications issues. Balough Law Offices, LLC assists clients in the following areas:
Protecting Intellectual Property
Implementing well-crafted tools such as trademarks, copyrights, company policies and both internal and external agreements can help protect your intellectual property. Read more...
- How do you formulate an enforceable non-disclosure agreement?
- Have you negotiated binding licensing agreements?
- When are covenants not to compete really enforceable?
- How do you license your intellectual property profitably?
Whether you want to develop your own intellectual property or have someone else do it for you, you need to ensure that you have negotiated contracts and agreements that protect your rights and maximize your financial opportunities. Read more...
- Are you starting a new business?
- Should you incorporate?
- How do you protect your ideas and your assets?
You have enough to worry about when you start a new business. Legal issues should not consume your valuable time and resources. Read more...
- Does your e-commerce site have adequate privacy controls yet still capture useful marketing information?
- Are there use and sales agreements on your website to limit your liabilities without scaring off potential customers?
- How can you link to other websites without inadvertently becoming an agent of another organization?
Whether you are buying or selling on the Internet, you want to profit from this rapidly growing medium without exposing yourself to avoidable risk. You also want to ensure that your ISP is maximizing your website availability. The appropriate contracts and agreements will help you achieve these goals. Read more...
- Has your private information become public?
- Are you being defamed on Internet message boards?
- What privacy rights do you have?
Information can change hands in an instant on the Internet. You need to know how to prevent private information from becoming public and what to do if your privacy has been invaded by others. Read more...
- Is cybersquatting preventing potential customers from accessing you via the Internet?
- Is your trademark being used by another for their website name?
- Has someone offered to sell you a domain name?
- Has your domain name been pirated?
You need to protect your company's name and your trademarks on the Internet. When someone else is using your trademark or company name as its domain name, you need to know how to get your name back. Read more...
- Is litigation truly the best way to resolve your current dispute?
- Have you been sued or are you contemplating litigation?
- Are you about to lose your intellectual property?
Litigation should be the last resort when it comes to protecting your rights and solving disputes. But if litigation is necessary, you want an experienced attorney. Read more...
Public Utilities Law
Need an experienced law firm to help with electric, gas, water, and telecommunications issues before state regulatory agencies?
You need a law firm that has worked before regulatory agencies representing large customers, muncipalities, governmental agencies. You need a law firm that has saved clients millions of dollars that they otherwise would have paid based upon the rates filed by public utilities. Read more. . .